DECEMBER 15, 2013 BY: SUSAN DEBOW
Do you have a box of antique or vintage ornaments up in the attic? Don’t know how to use them on a modern tree?
Here, you will find some ideas for using vintage ornaments with a twist of modern.
Some of us love them. I am talking about the precious old vintage ornaments and antique Christmas decorations that were passed down from our parents and their parents before them, and maybe even further back in the family.
The ones that are so old and fragile that you are afraid if you try to dust them, they will break, yet, you know that by using them on a tree in your home, it brings back such fond memories of Christmases past and the love of family and the fun of decorating the tree!
- We started here with a sparse (cheap) artificial tree.
- Add lights (even if the tree is pre lit, there is no decorating police that will have a problem if you add more)
- Next, add some of that new wired webbing and/or some wired ribbon. It does not have to be perfect.
- Next, add some artificial greenery, colorful sprays, etc that you can find in the decorating section of your local craft store or big box store.
- If the springs and spirals of the artificial stuff is long, just lay it right on the branches, and then, wire it on. We used thin wire, and really, you only need enough to hold it. Some of them are already wired and will form to the branches and stay in place on their own.
- Now you have a fuller, more modern looking tree! It is time to bring out the precious vintage ornaments and place them on the tree.
- You can mix them with other ornaments you already own, or, even one or two new boxes of new shiny solid glass ornaments in your choice of color would be lovely.
- Is your room decorated in Aqua? Place 12-24 round aqua ornaments on your tree and then, place the antique ones. Is your room decorated in reds? Golds? Find some red and/or gold solid color ornaments. Place them on the tree and then, add all the varied colored antique ornaments! The result will be “Vintage with a Twist” !
And a close up:
Enjoy your tree!
Do you use vintage ornaments in your home?
MEET SUSAN DEBOW …..
I hope you will find inspriation and encouragement for your projects, in and around, the place you call home.Read More…
SEARCH FOR SOMETHING….
31DAYS CHALLENGE: 31 FABULOUS FALL DAYS
WE LOVE AMAZON PRIME! MANY ITEMS WITH 2 DAY FREE SHIPPING! CLICK , BELOW ON THE WORDS, “FREE TRIAL”
FOLLOW ME ON BLOGLOVIN :
LOOKING FOR A GIFT? CLICK , BELOW
WE LOVE OUR KINDLE FIRE HD !
LOOKING FOR SOMETHING?……
#designsohome#fabulousfall#kitchenideas#landscapingbathroom vanitycabinetsChristmascleancomputerCookingcounterscurb appealdecorateFallfaucets/fixturesFiesta WareFireplacefront porchgardeningholidayshouseplantshow toinspireInternetjewelryKindle Fire HDkitchenkitchen ideaslandscapeLife ChoiceslightinglivingOffice Assistantorganizepaint colorspantryPetsRecipessurfaces and materialsTest KitchenWrap around porch
COPYRIGHT © 2014 · MODERN BLOGGER PRO THEME BY, PRETTY DARN CUTE DESIGN